Delhi Confidential: dial H for health

While Prime Minister Narendra Modi has urged various ministries to integrate the health factor into their development programs, the Ministry of Health has already started to take steps to ensure that it is properly implemented. Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya asked department officials to set up a canteen with diet foods in the ministry’s office.

Back in the buzz

With Assembly elections coming up in several states and the involvement of ministers, the former BJP headquarters at 11-Ashoka Road is bustling with activity. Party leaders, we learn, prefer to meet there because it is closer to ministers’ offices than the party’s current headquarters in Deendayal Upadhyay Marg. On Wednesday, a high-level meeting to discuss preparations for the poll brought together Union ministers Amit Shah and Piyush Goyal, and party secretary general Arun Singh. The leader of the JP Nadda party was not present.

Report card status

Amid speculation about how the Congressional Working Committee (CWC) would run on October 16, the release of its agenda sparked further discussions within the party. With preparations for the upcoming election battles being the key agenda, some of the party leaders questioned the fate of the reports submitted by the five-member team on the party’s debacle during the March election round. -April. They pointed out that the CWC made the decision to appoint a committee when it met in May after the losses. The reports, which apparently include suggestions to rebuild Congress in Assam, Kerala, West Bengal and Pondicherry, where it suffered defeats, have yet to be discussed in Congress’ highest decision-making body. These leaders say many party members are now worried that the latest report will meet the same fate as the AK Antony committee report on the 2014 defeat at Lok Sabha. This too was submitted but was never discussed, and details were not disclosed.

Delhi Confidential: Poll Cheer | Confidential Delhi News, The Indian Express

A poll by the American research firm Morning Consult gave Prime Minister Narendra Modi the highest approval rating among world leaders. With a 70% approval rate – up from 63% in early May when the second wave of Covid peaked – Modi topped the charts which followed 12 other leaders. These included US President Joe Biden at 48 percent, German Chancellor Angela Merkel at 52 percent and Japanese Yoshihide Suga at the bottom at 25 percent. BJP chief JP Nadda retweeted a tweet from Morning Consult and the official BJP pseudonym used the data as well. The sample size for India was around 2,126. All interviews were conducted online, and in India, according to the agency, the sample is representative of the “literate population”.

Knock Knock

ONCE a top address in the VIP district of the nation’s capital, 35 Lodhi Estate continues to be a talking point in power circles. While making the news when he was kidnapped from Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi for BJP national media chief Anil Baluni, who never occupied him, the current occupier appears to be facing a problem due to the number of visitors coming to meet the head of the BJP. . Baluni had declined the offer, saying he would not want a “high level” address. It was then turned over to Additional Solicitor General Jayant K Sood. But with the attribution of the house to Baluni in the news, many visitors reach 35 Lodhi Estate, asking for it. It is then up to the staff to redirect them to the old Baluni address.

Sapling celebrations

SACHIN PILOT turns 44 on Tuesday. While his party has yet to rehabilitate him politically, supporters of the congressman are preparing to celebrate his birthday in style. The celebrations will not be usual, but will nonetheless be a show of force. We learn that his supporters plan to plant 10 lakh of saplings on Monday across Rajasthan. The idea is to plant at least 5,000 saplings in each of the 200 Assembly constituencies. Last year, his supporters celebrated his birthday with a massive blood donation campaign.