18-year-old beaten to death in Mahendergarh

An 18-year-old student was beaten to death with sticks by a group of men in Mahendergarh for personal enmity, police said Thursday. One person was arrested in this case.

Police said the accused recorded the assault, a cut of which went viral on Thursday.

In the clip, at least six men, wielding sticks, could be seen repeatedly beating the victim, Gaurav Yadav, a first-year undergraduate student at a private Mahendergarh college. Yadav at one point pleads for water. The accused offers him water and while he takes a sip, they start hitting him again.

The accused have been identified as Ravi, Mohan, Ajay, Preetam, Sukhdev alias Bhanja and Vicky alias Fukra. Police said the accused lived in a nearby village and was known to the victim.

According to police, the incident took place outside a restaurant, the “Royal Chicken Corner”, owned by one of the accused, in the village of Malra Bass, Mahendergarh, on October 9 in the afternoon. Gaurav was driving home to Bawana village on a motorbike when he was pulled over by a group of men near a pond in Malra Bass
village located more than 2 km from Bawana.

Gaurav’s father, Devender, said: “At 11 am, as I walked to my farm, he told me he was going to college to fill out forms and would be back. soon. When he didn’t come back until 2:30 p.m., my wife called him on her phone. One of the defendants put the phone to his mouth and spoke in a muffled voice and informed her that he was being beaten.

Devender said his son said over the phone that the accused would kill him.

Following this, Devender and his father rushed to the spot in the village of Malra Bass.

“I saw the accused hitting him with lathis. I begged them to stop but they kept beating him. They said my son abused them over the phone and they were teaching him a lesson. I told them we could talk and fix the problem. After a few minutes, they stopped beating him, ”he said.

Police said Devender and his family transported the victim to Mahendergarh General Hospital, where doctors referred him to another hospital because his condition was serious. He died of his injuries as his family took him to another hospital.

Devender said his son Gaurav informed him last week that he had quarreled with Ravi and the latter threatened him. “I told him we would settle the case. I did not know that they [accused] would resort to that, ”he said.

Mahendergarh SP Chander Mohan said: “The investigation found that there was some enmity between the victim and the defendants, which escalated. One of the accused, Vicky, has been arrested and three teams are raiding to arrest the other accused. There is no angle related to caste in the case.